DPDgroup announces its 2017 results
DPDgroup continues its growth and announces turnover of €6.8 billion for 2017
"With turnover growth of 11% , DPDgroup consolidates its position as the second biggest player in the European express parcel delivery market and confirms its position as an expert in international parcel delivery" says Paul-Marie Chavanne, CEO of GeoPost / DPDgroup.
- No. 2 in the express parcel market in Europe
- €6.8 billion in turnover
- 1.2 billion parcels delivered worldwide
- 7.5 million parcels delivered on peak day (18 December 2017)
- 61% of volumes on the BtoB market
- Growth in B2C: +17% in volume
A new year of growth
DPDgroup continued its growth in 2017 with a turnover of €6.8 billion, accounting for 28% of Groupe La Poste's turnover that rose to €24.1 billion for the same year. In 2017, DPDgroup recorded an 11% increase in sales (+8.2% at constant scope and exchange rates) compared to 2016.
This performance was driven by an increase in volumes (+10%) compared to 2016, bringing the total number of parcels delivered worldwide to 1.2 billion. DPDgroup relies on a hybrid BtoB-BtoC network. The BtoB segment still accounts for 61% of DPDgroup's business volume in 2017, but DPDgroup was one of the first BtoB operators in the market to make the strategic choice to expand into BtoC. As a result, 37% of DPDgroup's turnover in 2017 came from the BtoC segment, compared to 34% in 2016.
Thanks to strong growth in its results, DPDgroup has consolidated its position as the second largest player in the European CEP (Courier Express Parcel) market. Highly active in all key European markets, with its own operations in 23 countries, DPDgroup recorded good development in sales, particularly in France (+6.3%), the United Kingdom (+11%), Russia (+13.7%) and Poland (+18.3%).
Sustained international growth
In 2017, DPDgroup continued its external growth strategy through various investments and partnerships around the world:
- Acquisition of a 37.5% stake in the Italian parcel operator BRT in January 2017
- Shareholding in the French urgent-urban-shopping start-up Stuart increased to 100% in March 2017
- Partnership with Nova Poshta International (Ukrainian express carrier), offering cross-border delivery services in Ukraine, in October 2017
- Merger between DPD Russia and SPSR Express, a key player in the Russian express parcel delivery market.
DPDgroup, a major player in cross-border e-commerce
The rise in cross-border e-commerce impacts DPDgroup's international export flows that show an increase of 11% in 2017, both in the B2B and B2C sectors.
In 2017, 54% of European e-shoppers said they had made purchases online from a foreign website. Of those, 67% had previously purchased from a foreign website located in Europe (and 39% in neighbouring countries to their own) and 67% from a website located outside Europe (among which 44% in China and 31% in the USA). 
DPDgroup, a player at the forefront of innovation
DPDgroup continues to offer more premium services and greater choice and convenience, meeting its clients’ expectations by:
- Developing stand-out services, such as delivery in a prearranged time slot with "DPD Precise" in the United Kingdom and Chronopost France's "Chrono Precise", that saw the addition of Sunday morning delivery at the end of 2017
- Targeting specific markets, such as same-day delivery (“SEUR Now” in Spain) and the delivery of food products (“SEUR Frio” in Spain, Chronofresh in France and DPD Food in both the United Kingdom and Germany)
- Experimenting deliveries by drone, with the launch of a first regular commercial line, marking a world first.
DPDgroup, a responsible player
DPDgroup’s growth is further strengthened by Driving Change, its initiative in responsible sustainability.
DPDgroup measures its CO2 emissions and has already reduced those produced by road transport by 10% per parcel compared to 2013. DPDgroup voluntarily offsets 100% of the remaining transport emissions, by purchasing carbon credits on a yearly basis. This makes DPDgroup the world leader in voluntary offsetting  in the CEP (Courier Express Parcel) market. DPDgroup's investment accounts for almost 5% of the European voluntary carbon offset market. Also, in 2017, DPDgroup supported its seventh carbon-offset project in Brazil.
DPDgroup is the second largest international parcel delivery network in Europe. DPDgroup combines innovative technology and local knowledge to provide a flexible and user-friendly service for both shippers and shoppers. With its industry-leading Predict service, DPDgroup is setting a new standard for convenience by keeping customers closely in touch with their delivery.
With more than 68,000 delivery experts and a network of more than 32,000 local Pickup points, DPDgroup delivers 4.8 million parcels to over 230 countries each day through the brands DPD, Chronopost, SEUR and BRT.
DPDgroup is the parcel delivery network of GeoPost, which posted sales of €6.8 billion in 2017. GeoPost is a holding company owned by Le Groupe La Poste.
For more information
DPDgroup press contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
 On 2016
 E-shopper barometer 2017 - Kantar TNS Study for DPDgroup
 Source: EcoAct 2017, based on State of voluntary market 2016 and CDP reports 2016.
DPDgroup is the world leader in its business market (CEP) in the volume of carbon credit purchased on the voluntary offset market. This commitment represents 5% of this market in Europe.